Change Wifi SSID Name for Computer and Android Device Easily – Follow this Steps to Change Wifi Names on Home Router
Change Wifi Name: Wireless Routers or Wireless Access Points connects a computer to a network by means of Network Name called Service Set Identifier (SSID). Usually the device is pre-configured by manufacturer and all the routers have same name and password. So, most important thing is securing your wireless network. After purchasing a router, first thing you should change the network name and password. Here we provided detailed steps to change the WIFI Network/SSID name.
So, most important thing is changing WIFI name. Some peoples like funny and panic WIFI names to entertain or scare other users who want to connect their network. Using Clever WIFI names will protect your network from unwanted hackers. Here we listed the steps to change WIFI Name in Computer and Mobile.
How to Change your WIFI Network Name in Computer
- First you should find your Router’s IP Address. You can find the IP address on the top or bottom of the router device or else find in the user manual come along with the device.
- If you still not find the address, then connect your router to your computer and open “Command Prompt”. In Command Prompt type ipconfig and press enter. You can find the router IP address beside the Default Gateway.
- Open web browser, type the Router IP Address in address bar and press enter.
- Then you find a login page. Login with your user name and password.
- There find WIFI Settings or Wireless Setting or Wireless Networks. Under these settings/ options you can find something like Network Name or SSID. There you can find option to change the Network Name or SSID Name.
How to change your WIFI Network Name in Android device
- While changing WIFI Name in Android device, the router IP address is important. Getting IP address is explained clearly first step of How to Change your WIFI Network Name in Computer.
- Open default browser in android device, type the Router IP Address in address bar and press enter.
- A Login page will be opened. Login to the page with your user name and password.
- There open WIFI/Wireless Settings/Set UP. There you can find option to change the Network Name or SSID Name.